PDA

View Full Version : Calculatin for engine cylender please help

Eng. Bilal Mughal
8th Feb '12, 15:04
how to calculate stterling engine cylinder diameter or cylinder thickness and piston diameter and connecting rod length and connecting rod diameter for stterling engine.....
i want to design stterling engine ....
i get 200 R.P.M of Engine's fly wheel------------------------------------------------.+

Auto Engineer
28th May '12, 20:18
how to calculate stterling engine cylinder diameter or cylinder thickness and piston diameter and connecting rod length and connecting rod diameter for stterling engine.....
i want to design stterling engine ....
i get 200 R.P.M of Engine's fly wheel------------------------------------------------.+

Hi Bilal

If I am understanding you correctly you are saying that you want to calculate the internal compoents specifications of the Sterling engine?

It sounds like a copyright infrigment to me as I am sure legally you can't copy the Sterling engine design and specifications.

Auto Engineer:eek:

mhjones12
30th May '12, 07:15
The Stirling Engine was invented about 200 years ago, I'm pretty sure patents don't last that long.

I imagine a good design would require a pretty good understanding of the thermodynamics involved. You would have to specify some parameters (RPM, power) before you could just start "calculating" engine dimensions. Some of the specifications are