Senior Mechanical Engineer (San Francisco)
Synapse Product Development is seeking one extraordinary Mechanical Engineer for integration with our elite design team in San Francisco, CA.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 8 years of product design experience (concept to production) including design for test and manufacturing
- Experience with design of injection molded components, PCBA interfaces and mechanical layouts, stamped and formed sheet metal parts, and general design experience of handheld and/or body-worn high tech consumer devices.
- Experience with highly-concurrent, collaborative, multi-disciplinary programs
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity in early-phase investigative projects
- Proficiency with analytical engineering tools, finite element analysis, and mathematical modeling/simulation packages
- Master-level 3D CAD skills in Solidworks and/or ProEngineer
- Proven competence in translating industrial surfaces into designs for manufacture
- Ability to rapidly decipher and prioritize amongst contending specifications, constraints, and requirements
- Gregarious outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide mentorship within the organization
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in small and large multidisciplinary teams
- A robot personal servant that can make a decent martini
Applications: To apply, please follow the link:
Synapse Product Development is headquartered in downtown Seattle, WA with offices in San Francisco and Hong Kong. Our mechanical, electrical and software engineers supply essential project management and innovative product design services to a broad range of clients from garage inventors to Fortune 500 companies. At Synapse, we thrive on solving our client's most challenging problems.
Synapse offers competitive salaries and benefits and a spacious office in the convenient SoMa neighborhood of San Francisco.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE