Thread: Could you please give me some instructions about the drawing?

Could you please give me some instructions about the drawing?

I'm not English speaker, I'm not sure I've understood the instructions in the drawing (that is showed below) correct or not. So, please help me by giving other explanations.
    About the instructions number 3 at the bottom left side, what does the sentence "Inside diameter ma be blended at sec A-A" mean, I'm not sure what the word "blended" indicates.
    The problem is this, we finished the production but the hole .145 can allow the pin .143 go inside on both side but not pass through, the pin .141 can pass through. In my opinion they are ok but my boss said that the pin .143 has to go up to section A-A. Who is right?
    May be my English is not good but I think you can understand the problems. Could you please help me? Thanks so much!
    Hereafter the drawing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawing.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	230
    Click to enlarge

Forum Member
    I would like to give you a hand but the picture doesn't work...

I am wondering if you are working on a finished part drawing and the manufacturing drawing that you need is missing or working from a drawing used for getting quotes. As you need something to blend with the 0.143/0.147 diameter like a smaller diameter or a groove. Or the drawing might have been revised and the note was left on by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin136 View Post
    I would like to give you a hand but the picture doesn't work...
    I uploaded the drawing, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c3shvi54ae5qslx
    Thanks for your kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by kerenL9
    I am wondering if you are working on a finished part drawing and the manufacturing drawing that you need is missing or working from a drawing used for getting quotes. As you need something to blend with the 0.143/0.147 diameter like a smaller diameter or a groove. Or the drawing might have been revised and the note was left on by mistake.
    The drawing I got from the customer to produce the machine part, I need the information to produce it exactly.
    I'm sorry for the tardiness but I could not reply you several days before, there were some errors here.
    Thanks all of you!

1. The tolerance given for the ID is +/-0.002, which suggests that, at the minimum allowable dimension, the 0.143 pin will not pass. The note specifically states that "inside diameter must pass 0.141" dia pin". This suggests your boss may have access to information not included on the drawing (i.e., personal communication with the customer). The "Boss" is never "wrong", although he/she may occasionally need some guidance to get them back on the right path.
    "Blending" would suggest the need to match unequal diameters, but there does not seem to be a need for this, the way the drawing is done. That would depend also, of course, on the machining procedures used...

Hi

The word blended in this drawing has to be referred with shaping only why because the nut profile is on the same section. As the drawing is revision 2, please see in the revesion 1 of the drawing you will find the same note3.

Secondly the bore of the pipe 0.145±0.002 has to be 0.143 (min.) 0.147(max) that means a pin of dia 0.141 will easily pass through, so it the component has been manufactured between 0.143-0.147 is ok

194]I'm not English speaker, I'm not sure I've understood the instructions in the drawing (that is showed below) correct or not. So, please help me by giving other explanations.
    About the instructions number 3 at the bottom left side, what does the sentence "Inside diameter ma be blended at sec A-A" mean, I'm not sure what the word "blended" indicates.
    The problem is this, we finished the production but the hole .145 can allow the pin .143 go inside on both side but not pass through, the pin .141 can pass through. In my opinion they are ok but my boss said that the pin .143 has to go up to section A-A. Who is right?
    May be my English is not good but I think you can understand the problems. Could you please help me? Thanks so much!
    Hereafter the drawing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawing.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	230
    Click to enlarge
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by er.allen; 10th Sep '12 at 04:00.

Forum Member
    I'm on your side,it would be ok if it can pass the pin 0.141. Pay attention to "may be" ,I think it not necessary for the pin 0.143.Further more,this drawing without the requirement of surface texture.However,more precise won't be wrong .Perhaps you boss don't want any mistake,misundersatnd,to customer 100% satisfication. BTW, cwarner7_11 is right,Boss won't be wrong.
    I'm on your side,it would be ok if it can pass the pin 0.141. Pay attention to "may be" ,I think it not necessary for the pin 0.143.Further more,this drawing without the requirement of surface texture.However,more precise won't be wrong .Perhaps you boss don't want any mistake,misundersatnd,to customer 100% satisfication. BTW, cwarner7_11 is right,Boss won't be wrong.