Thread: Industrial design and ergonomics of cars

Industrial design and ergonomics of cars

I search after websites or other information about industrial design of cars and ergonomics of the work space in the car

Hi friends,
    I search also after information about industrial design that receive the inspiration from the nature and from the biology
    I really need your help, so if anyone here knows something about industrial design of cars or ergonomics in car or industrial design that receive the inspiration from the nature so I will glad if he can write in this thread his message response and / or post some relevant links about this subject.

Hi,
    I think you can hardly find this kind of information.
    These are too specific information.

I would think that there are very specific studies of the ergonomics in the human automotive interface. The design of seats, the positioning of the controls, mirrors and electronic interface with radio and all other factors are studied and are known. Much study has had to be done in-able to design the crash mechanisms of the hard and soft parts in the interior and the design of the now ubiquitous air bags surrounding both the driver and passengers. I would look for studies done by the major car companies such as GM, Ford and all the European manufacturers and Asian companies as well. The Society of the Automotive Engineers may be a very informative source. I am not sure of the European Engineering society but It would be a similar type of organization and in Japan I think that it would be the JEC.

Best of luck,
    Steven